Monday, September 10, 2012

somewhere out there - Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram(with lyrics)



            As some of you already now, I love to sing. I think I was related to Madonna in my former life. Anyways with both my children I have a song that I randomly started signing to them at birth and every night the tradition has continued. Carter has his song and Emily has her song. In fact, if I don't lay with them or rock them to sleep, they will ask me to come and sing "their song". Carter's song I picked from a movie I loved as a child. When I was in junior high the movie Fievel An American Tale came out and I went to Central Theatre to watch it. I have loved "Carter's song" ever since. So every night (or at least most nights) I sing this song to him. I wanted to share it with you all tonight. The song keeps repeating over and over in my head. As I rock my son to sleep and lay here watching him I pray this is not the last time I will get to sing him his lullaby. I love you Carter Joseph. You are my world. I promised to protect you and unfortunately it is now out of my hands. All I can do is pray for you. May the Lord bless you and keep you safe. Mommy will be right here waiting for you.....

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Kim! There will be lots of people thinking of you and praying for peace and strength for you tomorrow in the uncertain times of "not knowing" how it is going in the O.R., as well as for patience and knowledge to guide the hands of the skilled surgeons working to repair Carter's "broken" heart. Sleep well, Carter. We will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you and can't wait to have Carter back at school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you guys. Will would like to send Carter a little care package. Do I just send it directly to the hospital under your names? Thanks, Lisa Hamerlinck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Carter would absolutely love hearing from his friend. He will be at OSF children's hospital in the Pediatric ICU. Depending on how things go today, he will be in the hospital approximately 1 week.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Team Carter a Message: