Thursday, September 13, 2012

  Dr. Fortuna Carter's  surgeon stopped in late tonight and tweaked Carters medicines a bit. He removed a large amount of blood from Carter's chest tube drains. The blood return in the drains had inceased for a few hours but is slowing down again. Which is not abnormal. They also do blood work every hour or so at the bedside and Fortuna said his hemoglobin was low so he received a unit of blood. His temperature was up also. It was 101.0 but after some medicine is now 100.3. They also increased pain meds.....yea!!! So he is taking a nap. Daddy is also napping and I think its a good time for me to rest too!!

2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I miss being there already. I am thinking of you all. We will see you tomorrow night unless you need me sooner. Love you all. Tell that super dooper boy I love him and he is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    I hope you were able to get some rest late last night/this morning. Thank you for keeping us updated...it's weird not being there with you today. I hope Carter is able to have more to drink today. He is such an amazing, strong & inspiring little boy. Please let me know if there is anything you need. If you need someone to watch Miss Em at any time during the next few weeks, please give me a call. Ttys. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Team Carter a Message: