Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Faith

       Carter is having a rough night. His vitals and heart function is fine but he is in a tremendous amount of pain. He just keeps whispering "my bones hurt" but he wont really complain.st It's like the silent heart breaking cry. I just want to hold him in my arms and take all his pain away. He told Matt and I he doesn't want to have pain because then he won't be brave. He is so strong. We are trying to calm him so he can rest a bit. I received an email today from Carter's teacher. The words were so powerful. In fact I received the email a few minutes ago when I really needed it most.  Thank you Mrs. Reakes. I hope you don't mind me sharing but this really hit home for me. Thank you so much!!

 

5 comments:

  1. Very powerful...itry and be strong...I cannot even imagine what u and matt r going through...we love you and wish for carter to have an easier day tommorow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very powerful...itry and be strong...I cannot even imagine what u and matt r going through...we love you and wish for carter to have an easier day tommorow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hercules! Papa Don and I are praying for you to rid the pain! You are stronger than any person that I know now, or have ever known! Can't wait to talk to you, see you, hug and kiss you again! Love you so much! Matt and Kim, you are so blessed to have this young man in your life. Love you all! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Carter~
    You are such a brave boy. The superheroes that you tell me so much about have nothing on you! I'm thinking that you are just as strong as all of those guys! Keep listening to what the doctors and nurses tell you. Do you remember our hand signal for our rule, follow directions quickly? Maybe you can teach it to them when you are feeling stronger. I bet you could teach them lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful and so true.... Prayers that carter can get some rest tonight and that he gets relief with his pain....heather

    ReplyDelete

Leave Team Carter a Message: